WP Engine was one of the first companies to start offering custom hosting for WordPress websites. It is also one of the most popular online services currently on the market as we will show you on this WPEngine review.
It is a company focused on the field of service technologies and innovation that was founded in 2010. Its central servers are in the US even though it has 19 servers located all over the world.
WPEngine is considered one of the best servers for WordPress since its web hosting services are specialized in WordPress. Its incredible platform provides extraordinary WordPress applications to grow your business in no time and also provides solutions for creating new sites.
This hosting stands out for having a friendly and useful support, super fast loading times, proactive malware scanning, daily backups, test site and much more. WordPress is an open and effective support that allows you to adapt the CMS to your business regardless of the size of the project.
We will also talk in this WPEngine review about WP Engine technical support, locations, reviews, features, pricing, and other important details.
WPEngine Review: Step by Step Guide in 2023
Table of Contents
- 1 WPEngine Review: Step by Step Guide in 2023
- 2 WP Engine Support and Customer Service
- 3 WP Engine FAQ
- 3.1 Is WP Engine any good?
- 3.2 Who owns WP Engine?
- 3.3 Where is WP Engine located?
- 3.4 When was WP Engine created?
- 3.5 How many employees does WP Engine have?
- 3.6 Why is WP Engine better?
- 3.7 Is WP Engine safe?
- 3.8 What is the difference between WordPress and WP Engine?
- 3.9 Is WP Engine free?
- 3.10 Why is WP Engine so expensive?
- 3.11 Does WP Engine own Flywheel hosting?
- 3.12 Does WP Engine own StudioPress?
- 3.13 Does WP Engine own Genesis?
- 4 WP Engine Tutorial
- 5 WP Engine Plan Pricing
- 6 Conclusion
In this WPEngine review, we will talk in depth and in detail about the best web server for your website.
What is WP Engine?
WP Engine is a company dedicated to web hosting that has grown quite quickly since it was founded to become one of the most important and recognized companies in the market. It is a well-known hosting and is used by more than 30,000 clients from more than 120 countries in the world. We call it “managed WordPress hosting”.
What we can highlight in this WPEngine review about WPEngine is that it provides hosting services only for WordPress, that is, you can only use this content manager as a basis to create a website and also with exclusive tools.
With WP Engine hosting you can only access the hosting plans with WordPress, in this way you can customize all aspects of the hosting as we will show you below on this WPEngine review.
All available WP Engine packages include:
- Firewall: operation and control with firewalls for information
- Backup copies: Daily and automatic
- SSL Ready: You can enable the popular SSL certificates at any time
- Malware Detection: Elimination and scans of any type of malware
- Restorations: instant restores can be performed working in conjunction with backups
- Evercache: The technology for faster storage
- CDN: The speed of content loading times is increased
- Technical support: Works 24 hours a day from the headquarters in the United States
Pros and Cons of WP Engine hosting
WP Engine has become the first managed WordPress host to adopt Google Cloud Platform, optimized for computing (C2) and virtual machines (VM).
Pros of WP Engine
- Free built-in EverCache caching and storage (no need for separate caching plugins)
- Multi-site WordPress
- Free access to Genesis Framework and 35+ StudioPress themes
- Free CDN and SSL (StackPath integration)
- GeoTarget plugin
- Enterprise grade WordPress security: hardware firewalls, DDOS detection and much more
- Integrated development, staging and production environments
- It has a 60-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 expert WordPress support and online tutorials
Cons of WP Engine
- No domain registrations or email hosting: they only offer hosting services to their clients, which means there are no domain name registrations available
- Limited email service: no access to email
- Plugins not allowed: You know they cause problems with your internal services
- It does not have the traditional cPanel: it has its own user portal
Why choose WP Engine in 2023?
WP Engine is ideal if you are looking for a hosting with specific functionality and features of WordPress, an efficient and expert support and a highly qualified service.
Installation and administration are technical details that make the task easier especially for beginners who are just starting out in this world. It offers excellent security, incredible storage, and very good expert support.
This hosting has been designed by expert developers who have made the performance ten times faster. They have put aside the traditional panel and have their own user portal that is quite efficient for running applications.
All the plans of this hosting have a free CDN and SSL service, which reduces bandwidth consumption and provides a more efficient hosting service. It has a technical service for all its 24/7 plans that you can access from the user portal, always obtaining a quick and efficient response.
In addition we seem on this wpengine review that, it offers EverCache caching and provides free backups. They also have a tutorial resource center and a database with detailed information for any questions.
WP Engine has a plug-in called GeoTarget that optimizes the site in certain regions and this provider also has a performance test for its servers.
WP Engine Features and Analysis
Next on this wpengine review we will analyze the main features of WP Engine so that you can fully understand this hosting and see if it meets the needs of your website.
1. Ease of use
This provider has a new automatic migration tool that makes it very simple and easy to get started. In fact, as we seen on this WPEngine review this tool does not allow you to run additional test sites to test themes, fill in and custom codes. This helps developers share tests with their clients.
2. Domain names
WP Engine does not offer traditional services, none of its plans include a domain name so the user is the one who must own it. As wee seen on this WPEngine review you must register the domain with the company before migrating your site.
WP Engine does not offer the traditional service of email accounts in its plans, nor does it offer domain names. What it does offer is support to receive emails and to send using its own platform. You must first access a mail service and first register the domain name since you do not have access to webmail.
If the volume of emails is quite large, it is advisable to use an external platform if you are also used to accessing emails through webmail.
Using the phpMyAdmin tool, you will manage and easily access the database. Thanks to this tool, you will find a way to edit data and update it on a large scale.
It has another important tool called EverCache, which is responsible for storing the database in the backend. This is very important for data security.
To reduce external attacks, the WordPress installation is done separately, so each installation is stored in different databases with different security details.
WP Engine offers businesses to host and optimize WordPress applications. For example, this provider has a large number of applications that are integrated into the platform. New Relic tool is used to monitor the performance of the application optimize of your website on the server.
WP Engine provides different storage volumes going from 10GB to 100GB depending on the hosting plan you choose. WP Engine offers different storage capacities depending on the plan, ranging from 10 GB on its most basic plan to 100 GB on its highest plan. Caching in RAM and CDN guarantees faster server speed.
WP Engine offers unlimited monthly data transfer in all its plans. Provides a tool to create an automatic migration called logVault. This plugin allows us to perform complex transfers while working on other projects. In addition, you will no longer have to worry about replacing domain names or importing databases since the plugin will do it.
WP Engine is specially designed to work with WordPress multi-site. All plans include this multi-site feature except the basic plan. This will allow us to use multiple domains in a single installation. All sites can be managed from one place When this multi-site is managed from the user portal. It is recommended to use a multi-site to share WordPress themes, files and plugins
9. SSL Certificate
In WP Engine all plans include automated and free SSL certificates. You have the option to import SSL certificates except in the basic plan. All the domains hosted on WP Engine have a free program called Let’s Encrypt, it can be accessed directly with just one click from the user portal.
What services does WPEngine offer?
WP Engine offers very good services to make your project a success.
- Storage: Ideal page for all types of users, both individuals and companies. They cover a wide variety of expectations, therefore they offer corresponding customization services.
- Updates: the platform analyzes and then the user is informed of the options to keep their sites constantly updated.
- Control panel: You have your own new and very own control panel.
- Offers different options including account modifications, domain configuration, etc.
- Cache: WPEngine uses its own built-in cache to be able to configure customizations and updates.
- Threat detection: A security team is working 24 hours a day to detect any possible threat in real time. The moment it detects inappropriate behavior, all suspicious activities are blocked.
- Technical support: The platform works 24 hours a day with experts who work full time. Assistance is made through the phone or live chat.
- Warranty: WPEngine offers a 60-day warranty if the user is not satisfied with the services.
- Feedback: WPEngine has a Customer Service Operations team to ensure that the user experience with the platform is good.
How to install WPEngine on my website?
In order to start using Wp-Engine, you must create an account by following the steps that we will discuss below on this WPEngine review:
- Step 1: Go to WPEngine.com and select the hosting package.
- Step 2: Choose the contract we want either monthly or yearly. In addition, we also have the option of choosing the extra services that we will need for our website.
- Step 3: We must complete a form with our personal data, our email, username and password.
- Step 4: You must make the payment for the selected package, then the account will be activated immediately to start working.
WP Engine Support and Customer Service
WP Engine offers incredible support 24/365 days a year. This team of professionals not only solves problems related to hosting but also everything that has to do with WordPress.
The support services can be by phone 24 hours a day, through a 24-hour online chat and you will also find tutorials, FAQ and documentation in the portal.
For more information on their customer service take a look to the links below:
- Suport Center: https://wpengine.com/support/
- Resource Center: https://wpengine.com/resources/
- Solution Center: https://wpengine.com/solution-center/
- Frequent Asked Questions: https://wpenginecom/faq/
- Blog: https://wpengine.com/blog/
- About: https://wpengine.com/about-us/
- Contact: https://wpengine.com/contact/
WP Engine FAQ
Is WP Engine any good?
WP Engine is been and it is one of the best options for hostings on the market. Since, they offer a high performance managed hosting for WordPress with an outstanding uptime.
Who owns WP Engine?
WP Engine is owned by his funder and CEO Jason Cohen.
Where is WP Engine located?
WP Engine headquarters is in Austin and San Antonio (Texas) but, main office is in Austing. Also they have offices on Brisbane (Australia), San Francisco (California), Limerick (Ireland) and London (United Kingdom).
When was WP Engine created?
In 2010 WP Engine was created by Jason Cohen.
How many employees does WP Engine have?
WP Engine has around 1,000 employees that work on their offices and around the world remotely.
Why is WP Engine better?
WP Engine is better because is a hosting focused on speed and high performance to maximize results.
Is WP Engine safe?
Yes, WP Engine is one of the most safe hostings out there since is a SOC-2 compliant and they meet all standards for Security.
What is the difference between WordPress and WP Engine?
WordPress is a CMS (Content management system) which is a software used to make websites and WP Engine is a hosting company which is used to host websites.
Is WP Engine free?
No, WP Engine is a premium hosting company that has a price.
Why is WP Engine so expensive?
Because WP Engine is a hosting specialized in High Performance and nowadays it is very difficult to win WP Engine in performance which is why is considered a first class hosting service and has a premium price.
Does WP Engine own Flywheel hosting?
Yes, Flywheel was bought by WP Engine in June 24 on the year 2019.
Does WP Engine own StudioPress?
Yes, StudioPress was bought together with Genesis by WP Engine on the year 2018.
Does WP Engine own Genesis?
Yes, Genesis was bought together with StudioPress by WP Engine on the year 2018.
WP Engine Tutorial
WP Engine is one of the web servers for WordPress. Here on this WPEngine review we leave you a fairly complete and detailed tutorial so that you can see step by step how this hosting works.
WP Engine Plan Pricing
WP Engine has a variety of plans available for each company to choose the one that suits them best. For example, the basic plans have good prices but it is true that the plans with more features can be high if we compare it with other similar providers. Except for the personalized ones, all the plans have a money back guarantee of 60 days after contracting the service.
Managed WordPress Hosting
- Managed WordPress Startup: it costs $30 per month and $25 per month if you hire a year
- Managed WordPress Professional: it costs $59 per month and $49.17 per month if you hire a year
- Managed WordPress Growth: costs $115 per month and $95.83 per month if you hire a year
- Managed WordPress Scale: it costs $290 per month and $241.66 per month if you hire a year
It provides all you need to migrate or build your WooCommerce store and offers Instant Store Search and Easy store creation to help you boost your sales and conversions.
- Ecommerce Hosting Startup: it costs $36.00 per month and $30 per month if you hire a year
- Ecommerce Hosting Professional: it costs $75.00 per month and $62.50 per month if you hire a year
- Ecommerce Hosting Growth: it costs $140 per month and $116.66 per month if you hire a year
- Ecommerce Hosting Scale: it costs $350 per month and $291.66 per month if you hire a year
WP Engine is the perfect server to create web pages through the WordPress multi-site due to the incredible technical support, its security, its performance, the amount of tools it offers and its storage capacity.
It has a completely personalized user portal offering the possibility of accessing all the applications with just one click and in a simple way. It has more affordable plans such as the basic plan and others something more expensive, what we can assure you in this WPEngine review is that it is worth it if we compare it with other hosting services currently on the market.
If you are looking for a premium WordPress management for a web hosting company, we recommend WP Engine. It has features such as the built-in EverCache, the page performance tool, automatic daily backups, security monitoring and much more that you don’t. you can lose.
Click here to select your WPEngine hosting plan
What do you think of this WP Engine review? Have you use WP Engine for any of your website projects yet? Any thoughts? Feel free to add a comment below.