Are you looking for the best theme for WooCommerce? Porto is a theme suitable for any business and fast. It has advanced functions and a large number of elements that allow us to configure the website depending on our needs.
Many improvements and innovations have been made so far. They have developed a new version of Porto 5 along with more than 30 new demos and Porto Studio, which offers pre-defined elements, layouts and sections.
In this post we are going to talk in depth and in detail about what Porto is, what features it has, advantages, how it is installed, we will do a tutorial, give our opinion and explain the prices and much more.
Porto theme Step by Step Guide in 2023
Table of Contents
- 1 Porto theme Step by Step Guide in 2023
- 2 Main features of the Porto theme
- 3 How do I install the Porto theme?
- 4 How to customize the Porto theme
- 5 Plugins compatible with the Porto theme
- 6 Porto theme tutorial
- 7 Support and Documentation
- 8 Frequent Asked Questions
- 9 Pricing
- 10 Conclusion
In this guide we will talk in depth and in detail about the Porto topic, it is a multipurpose topic that will provide you with millions of facilities to build your business website quickly.
Porto theme for WordPress Review: What Is Porto?
Porto is a multipurpose WordPress theme with which we will have the possibility to create any type of project we have in mind. Porto WordPress theme is one of the best-selling templates on Themeforest, it has a good integration with Woocommerce and has 2 powerful editors.
Porto has a structure that focuses on performance as the main point. Porto’s speed optimization is super fast compared to other themes. The premium plugins included in Porto are: WPBakery Page Builder to edit and configure. And Slider Revolution to make sliders.
It also provides advanced functionalities for online stores with WooCommerce, while guaranteeing super fast performance, something essential for any business or online store. This theme was created in 2015 and over time it has been adapted to the new features of WordPress, such as its Gutenberg editor.
Porto theme compatibility
- Google web fonts
- Multisite Compatibility (WPMU)
- Child Theme included
- Compatible with social plugins
- Compatible with cache plugins: WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache and Fast Velocity Minify
What are the advantages of the Porto theme?
- More than 60 demos that can be imported
- Gives excellent e-commerce support
- Easy to install and configure
- The control panel is easy to use
- Customer support is excellent
- The payment topic is always updated
- It is made up of the latest WordPress tools and plugins that improve your website development process and speed
Main features of the Porto theme
During this Porto review, we have already mentioned some of its main features, but we have not covered this topic in full detail yet. Porto is one of the most popular themes that offers amazing features and also works perfectly for any project or business.
- Multipurpose design
- Extensive catalog of ready-to-use predefined layouts
- A multitude of configuration options
- More than 30 Woocommerce demos
- More than 90 demos in total
- Compatibility with the Elementor editor with more than 20 demos
- Compatibility and 5 demos with the WordPress Gutenberg editor
- Compatibility for child themes
- Good integration with Woocommerce to make online stores
- Good behavior in WPO
- Different types of portfolio and blog page design
- WPML support
- More than 33 elements for Visual Composer
- Intuitive visual editor
- Mega menu up to 3 levels
- Easy installation and configuration
- Extensive header and menu configuration
- Continuous updates
- Video tutorials
- Good support and good documentation
- Premium plugins included
- CSS animations
- SEO optimization (Rich snippets)
- Mega menu up to 3 levels
- Responsive editing
How do I install the Porto theme?
The installation of the Porto theme is simple, below we will give you the steps to download and install Porto:
Install Theme via WordPress Admin Panel
1. Open the WordPress administration panel and go to the folder where you installed WordPress. Once this is done go to “Appearance” and then “Themes” which is located in the administration sidebar.
2. Select “Add New Link” and click “Upload Theme”. Now upload the porto.zip file. This zip file will be inside the theme files folder you downloaded from ThemeForest.
3. When Porto has been installed automatically after loading, open the WordPress administration panel and go to “Appearance” and then click on “Themes” which is located in the administration sidebar. Then you have to activate portotheme.
4. Once the theme is activated, the Configuration Wizard page will appear. You can follow the steps to configure your site content, such as child theme settings, plugins, logo, and demo content and much more.
How to customize the Porto theme
Porto offers a large number of options to customize your website, you have to go to “Porto” and then click on “Theme options” in the administration sidebar to access the configuration options. Next we will make a brief descriptions of the options panel of the theme.
These options allow us to establish general options such as the logo image, the navigation path and much more, in addition to changing the design settings.
- HTML blocks: insert html content in each section of the site design.
- Logo, icons: fixed header, mobile, default options, retina logo, and favicon icon.
- Design: Here you can customize many things such as: the sticky sidebar, manage the design of the site, the sidebar, enable the content type, the category page mask option when editing a unique content type and much more.
- Theme Design: displays each section of the site design.
These options allow us to set the sidebars, background colors for the headers and the titles of the pages of your website. You can also customize the menu item, font, and colors.
- Backgrounds: Set backgrounds for page content, body, and lower content area. • Header: link color, background, header text, padding, opacity options.
- Main menu: Set the font color, menu item, main menu fill, mobile menu, and side menu.
- Breadcrumbs: options for fonts, text color, background, link color, padding and subtitle margin.
- Footer: style options such as fill, link color, text color, background, and much more for footer areas.
- Mobile menu: toggle the mobile text and background color, panel background color, and mobile menu item text color and scroll color options.
- View, currency exchange: text color, background color, background color when hovering the mouse, and link color options for currency and language exchange.
- Theme colors: Set the button style, theme colors, and social icons.
- Layout: set the width of the grid gutter, the width of the container, the radius of the border, the fill of the thumbnails and the type of background.
- Typography: Set the fonts for the header, body, paragraph and footer and check to use the Google web font uploader.
- Search form: border color, background color, and text color options for the search form and the pop-up window.
- Mini cart: Set the color of the item color, the mini cart background, the item color, and the pop-up border color for the default header and sticky header. • Store: color options from wish list and quick view.
- Custom CSS: Add custom CSS.
These options allow you to choose options for the fixed header, header, and header content.
- General: layout, header position and display options and custom contact and welcome message.
- Search form: design options for the search form.
- Fixed Header: Layout options for the fixed header and visibility.
- Mobile panel: type of mobile panel if using the default mobile menu or the side mobile panel on the left / right side of the page.
- Header type: set predefined header types or if you use the header generator instead of the default ones.
- Header generator :Create and modify the site header on different devices without using predesigned header types.
- Social links: URL of the social sites that will be displayed in the header.
These options allow you to customize the various menu settings.
You can set the breadcrumb options and select the type of breadcrumbs.
These options allow us to customize the footer of your website, as well as copyright and add social icons.
These options apply to general pages.
These options allow us to configure the layout settings for the Single Post or blog pages.
- Blog: banner position, blog page title, footer view, banner type options, and custom port blocks to be displayed on blog pages.
- Single Post: Post Layout, Page Layout, and Single Post Page Type. • Post Carousel: Set carousel post layout options.
- General: displays the active text, the post format, the image light box, the post meta information to display, and the meta position options.
- Blog post files: Extract length, page layout, file layout, excerpt type, and date format options for post archive pages.
All of these options apply to your portfolio’s archive pages.
- Portfolio Carousel: Set carousel portfolio layout options.
- General: select the lightbox, the portfolio page, the meta information to be displayed in the portfolio.
- Portfolio Files: Page layout and portfolio layout for portfolio file pages.
Options for your event pages.
Options for your member pages.
These options help with the integration between Woocommerce and Porto (cart, payment, image and zoom of the product, product files, etc.).
These options allow you to configure custom fonts. You need to upload the font zip file, but if you imported a custom font, you can change the fonts in “Theme Options”, then click “Skin” and then “Typography”.
This option allows you to reset all options.
Plugins compatible with the Porto theme
Porto is compatible with a wide variety of plugins that we will talk about below.
- WPBakery Visual Composer: is a drag and drop page builder for WordPress. You can create any design without the need for programming knowledge.
- Revolution Slider: Revolution Slider – is the most responsive WordPress slider plugin.
- Dynamic Featured Image: Easily add multiple featured images or post thumbnail functionality to your pages, posts, and custom post types.
- Elementor :The most advanced drag-and-drop frontend page builder on the market today.
- Woocommerce: It is the electronic commerce tool that will make it possible to sell any physical or digital product.
- Contact Form 7: Simple but flexible contact form supplement.
- WPML: is a plugin that facilitates the creation and administration of multilingual websites. This plugin is powerful enough for blogs or company websites.
- WP Domain Checker: is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily check domain name availability from your WordPress site.
- WPBakery Visual Composer: is a drag and drop page builder for WordPress. You can create any design without programming knowledge.
Other plugins fully compatible with Porto
- Yoast SEO: is a search engine optimization plugin for WordPress.
- WP Super Cache: this plugin makes a copy of each page of your website and serves that copy to the visitor.
- W3 Total Cache: is a WordPress plugin that allows us to use this type of memory to speed up the loading process of any blog or website pages.
- Mailpoet: it is a plugin that has been designed for the WordPress blogging platform.
- BBPress: is a WordPress plugin that adds forum functionality to WordPress.
- BuddyPress: is a powerful plugin that turns your WordPress website into a website with social networking features.
- Better WordPress Minify: it is a free plugin in WordPress, it allows you to customize all the minify strings.
- Nav Menu Roles: plugin that hides or shows parts of the menu depending on what user role you are viewing the web with.
- Really Simple CAPTCHA: Allows you to add an Antispam checkbox in your web forms.
- GeoDirectory: It is the only WordPress company directory plugin capable of scaling to this degree, thanks to its highly optimized database structure and queries.
- Instagram Slider: Supports Instagram social features in some demos.
- Regenerate thumbnails: allows you to regenerate all the thumbnails after resizing the thumbnails.
- Page Visit Counter: it is a free plugin for WordPress that allows us to count the visits to our website.
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist: is a plugin that allows your customers to save the products they have added to the cart and buy them later.
- YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search: is a plugin that has a simple search box that shows you instant results, suggesting products from your WooCommerce store that match your search criteria.
- YITH WooCommerce Social Login: allows your users to save time and log in or register through one of their social media profiles.
- YITH WooCommerce Badge Management: is a plugin that allows you to manage and almost automate the allocation of badges in your store and, at the same time, manage the badges individually for the products you prefer.
- YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter: it is an essential plugin to help your customers focus on the product they are looking for and find products that may interest them based on specific characteristics.
- Polylang: a multilanguage plugin that allows your website to have content in several languages.
- qTranslate X: is a plugin that allows you to consult posts in your language without having to resort to well-known tools such as Google Translator or browser extensions to translate them.
- WooCommerce Currency Switcher: it is a multi-currency WooCommerce plugin, which allows your store customers to change the prices of the products according to the rates established in real time.
Also, it is compatible with major multi-vendor plugins such as Dokan, WC Vendors and Yith WooCommerce multi-vendor plugins.
Porto theme tutorial
Porto is a multipurpose theme that is designed to offer the best to the user and thus build their business with total success. Here you have a complete Porto tutorial so you can see how everything works step by step.
Support and Documentation
If you have any questions or problems with Porto, contact the additional support service that we offer 24/7. Regarding the customization service based on themes or others related to WordPress, you have to contact [email protected] If you have pre-sale questions, you have to communicate through the Themeforest support page.
If you need more support about Porto theme, you just have to click on the following links:
- Documentation: https://www.portotheme.com/wordpress/porto/documentation/
- Forum Support: https://www.portotheme.com/support/
Frequent Asked Questions
How to import a Porto demo?
You can import pre built demo site content in Porto >> Setup Wizard >> Demo Content panel.
Please watch and follow the instructions showing in the below-listed video that how to create a Custom Header using Porto Template Builder with WP Bakery Page Builder.
The price of the Porto theme regular license in Themeforest market is around $59 which includes superb customer support from the P-Themes team for free the first six months. It costs about $17.63 extra money per yearly to extend support for 12 more months.
Porto theme is the best multipurpose and WooCommerce WordPress theme. It has been developed and supported by P-Themes, which launched this theme in 2015 and has garnered more than 48,000 sales to date. We have to emphasize that the creators of Porto are constantly improving the theme to ensure that it has the best practices in code and that it keeps up to date with the latest trends in design. If you are thinking of buying Porto for your next business, this will undoubtedly be the best choice.
👉 Click here to Buy the Porto theme on ThemeForest Now
What do you think of the Porto theme? Have you used them for any of your website projects yet? Feel free to add a comment below.