Looking for a way to manage and organize your affiliate links while optimizing your income? ThirstyAffiliates plugin for WordPress is an affiliate link manager plugin that gives you all the control over your affiliate links.
ThirstyAffiliates is a free plugin, but it has fewer additional features available than in the pro version. You can download this plugin directly from the WordPress repository and thus get the pro version. This plugin allows us to create affiliate links for the products and easily manage them with the functions offered by this plugin.
In this post we are going to talk in depth and in detail about the ThirstyAffiliates plugin, what features it has, advantages, how it is installed, we will do a tutorial, give our opinion, explain the prices and much more.
ThirstyAffiliates Plugin Step by Step Guide
In this guide we will talk in depth and in detail about the ThirstyAffiliates plugin, it offers millions of facilities to organize and manage your affiliate links.
What Is ThirstyAffiliates?
Thirsty Affiliates is an affiliate link management plugin that has incredible features for you to increase affiliate sales. The Thirstyaffiliate plugin is free and you can download it from the WordPress plugin repository. If you want to buy the Pro version, you can purchase and download it from their website.
With it you can easily shorten your affiliate URLs to eliminate distracting numbers and symbols. In addition, you can configure links to open in new tabs when you click and insert affiliate links on a page or publication through a drop-down menu. First you have to make sure you have added the affiliate links to ThirstyAffiliates first. Thirsty Affiliates has over 10,000 active installs and a ton of pretty useful features.
What are the benefits of the ThirstyAffiliates plugin?
- It is quite easy to insert affiliate links in blog posts
- Protect your commissions against theft
- Automatic 404 tester
- Proactive link fixer
- Import of third party links
- Google Analytics event
- Excellent options for CSV import / export
- Smart unmasking
- Automatic keyword linking
General features of Thirsty Affiliates
ThirstyAffiliates comes with all the necessary features of a premium WordPress affiliate plugin. Below, we will discuss some of the features that make it the best option for WordPress users.
- Advanced Link Selection Tool (press the gear icon after clicking the “TA” button in your editor) for more advanced options.
- Affiliate link selection tool that works the same as the WordPress link tool.
- Insert standard links, shortcodes or even images.
- Facilitates the insertion of affiliate links in pages, publications and even comments.
- Standard WordPress editor.
- Click on tracking statistics and reports.
- Shorter built-in affiliate link / cloaker link.
- Commission that protects the redirect options of affiliate links (301, 302 and 307).
- Categorization of hierarchical links to easily segment links.
- The handy quick add tool allows you to create new affiliate links without having to leave the post editing screen.
- Choose to show category slugs in link urls.
- Customizable link URL prefixes.
- Option not to follow: by link or global.
- Open in a new tab.
- Support for full backups through standard WordPress backup solutions.
- Full import and export support through standard WordPress tools.
- Use WordPress approved storage techniques.
- Add your banners, graphics and other images to affiliate links for easy insertion.
- Fully modularized so you can activate only the parts of ThirstyAffiliates you need.
- Built-in proactive link fixer that detects outdated affiliate links in your content and fixes them automatically.
ThirstyAffiliates Pro Features in 2021
ThirstyAffiliates has a Pro plugin aiming to offer some quite interesting additional functionality for advanced bloggers and advertisers looking to automate parts of their affiliate marketing. Some of the most popular PRO features in 2021 include:
- Advanced Statistics Reports: Incredible advanced reports such as performance by category, performance over 24-hour periods (to identify maximum click times), geolocation reports (where clicked from), and much more!
- Automatic Link Health Checker: Automatically scans your affiliate links for 404 links or broken links and will notify you when it detects problems.
- Geolocations: Geographically segment your visitors based on their country of origin and redirect them to geographically appropriate affiliate URLs.
- Google Click Events: Clicking sends a click event to your Google Analytics.
- Import / Export CSV: import and export affiliate links via CSV. Excellent for managing links across multiple sites.
- Automatic Keyword Linking: Increase your affiliate income by automatically linking affiliate links to keywords throughout your site.
- Amazon API Import: Import and link affiliate links from the Amazon Product Advertising API.
- High speed HTAccess redirect: load affiliate link redirects to your htaccess file for faster redirection.
- Links to event notification emails: Receive notifications about important events with your affiliate links.
How to download ThirstyAffiliates
If you are thinking of installing ThirstyAffiliates Pro, you need the base ThirstyAffiliates plugin installed and activated.
- When you buy the Pro version download the plugin zip file from your Account page
- Clicking the “Download” button will take you to your account page, where you can download the latest stable version of the ThirstyAffiliates Pro plugin.
- At the bottom of the page you will find the plugin .zip file.
How to install ThirstyAffilates Pro
- Once you have downloaded the plugin .zip file from your Account page, you have to go to the “Plugins” page in your WordPress admin panel and click the “Add New” button.
2. Next you need to click the “Load Plugin” button, then select the “Choose File” button to choose the .zip file of the plugins.
3. Select the plug-in .zip file on your computer when the file upload dialog appears.
4. Now click the “Install Now” button to install the plugin.
5. Once you have installed everything, you must press the “Activate Plugin” button so that the ThirstyAffiliates Pro plugin is active.
6. You will then see the success message “Plugin activated”.
7. For automatic plug-in updates to work, you will need to activate your license key. How do I retrieve and activate my license key?
Follow this tutorial to retrieve and activate my license key: https://thirstyaffiliates.com/knowledgebase/retrieve-license-key
How to add Affiliate Links using ThirstyAffiliates
Adding affiliate links on ThirstyAffiliates is pretty straightforward. To add links simply go to ThirstyAffiliates and click “Add New” to add an affiliate link.
- Destination URL: this is the URL with your affiliate ID. Your long affiliate link this is where you paste it. Below this field, you will see the checkboxes to make a nofollow link and open it in a new window. If you haven’t enabled them on the plugin settings page, you can override them here.
- Link name: Your link name should be easy to identify and remember. This name will be used in the hidden URL. Using the product name as the link title is probably the best naming practice.
- Link categories: You can sort your links into categories. These link categories function as post categories. You can add new categories by adding a new link, or you can go to Thirsty Affiliates » Link Categories to manually add link categories.
- Attach Images: You can attach images to your affiliate links on Thirsty Affiliates. Have templates where links with images can be displayed or display affiliate links in sidebars.
- Auto-link keywords: This is quite a powerful feature that is available when you buy the professional package. It allows you to add a set of keywords that will automatically link to this particular affiliate link.
How to Create Fully Customizable Affiliate Links with ThirstyAffiliates
ThirstyAffiliates offers you the ability to fully customize your links, either per link or globally.
- After installing and activating the plugin, you can go to “Affiliate Links” and then click “Settings” to start.
You can select the link prefix that is used to create your redirect URLs. There are also many other options for customizing your links, including:
- Showing the category of the link in the URL
- Whether the links should always open in a new tab
- The redirection code (301 or 302)
- Whether the links should be do not follow or follow
- and much more!!
2. To add your first affiliate link, go to “Affiliate Links” and then click on “Add New”.
3. You can paste your affiliate URL, name your link, and even attach an image to the link. Links can also be classified as pages or posts and you can change the redirect type for individual links.
Thirsty Affiliates Premium Features
ThirstyAffiliates also has several premium plugins available that offer advanced options to help you save time. You can choose to purchase a bundle with multiple add-ons together for a one-time fee or purchase each additional add-on separately.
Available add-ons include:
- Geolocations: Detect visitor locations and target them with country-specific affiliate links.
- Google Click Tracking: Add Google Analytics event tracking and automatically detect affiliate links.
- Autolinker: Choose keywords to automatically add affiliate links throughout your blog. Statistics – Track all clicks on your affiliate links.
- AZON: Find and import existing Amazon affiliate links on your blog to ThirstyAffiliates.
- CSV Importer: Import and export your affiliate links to and from other sites you own.
ThirstyAffiliates is a plugin that is designed to offer the best to the user, to build their website with total success. Here you have a complete ThirstyAffiliates tutorial so you can see step by step how everything works.
Support and Documentation for ThirstyAffiliates
Support is available to premium plugin users on the official website, and they usually respond to all inquiries within 24-48 hours. ThirstyAffiliates has a knowledge base with some tutorials that try to address the most common problems users have, along with various guides to fix any issues that may exist with this plugin. The plugin is highly rated in the WordPress.org directory, and the developers are very active in troubleshooting even the free version of the plugin.
ThirstyAffiliates Frequent Asked Questions
Who should use ThirstyAffiliates Pro?
ThirstyAffiliates is aimed at all affiliate marketers of any kind who use WordPress, they can also use ThirstyAffiliates to help monetize their affiliate marketing. It was designed especially for bloggers using WordPress.
Can I use ThirstyAffiliates to run an affiliate program for my store?
No, ThirstyAffiliates is an affiliate link manager plugin that gives you full control over your affiliate links.
What are the minimum requirements?
- Apache/Nginx/IIS or other system capable of running WordPress with rewrites
- MySQL 5.5
- WordPress 4.3
- PHP 5.6
- MySQL 5.6+
- WordPress (latest)
- PHP 7+
Do you have a changelog?
Yes, you can see the changelog for the free plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/thirstyaffiliates/#developers
Yes, you can see the changelog for ThirstyAffiliates Pro here: https://thirstyaffiliates.com/thirstyaffiliates-pro-changelog
ThirstyAffiliates Plan Pricing
Thirsty Affiliates offers 3 pricing plans. All licenses include 12 months of plugin updates and 12 months of email support. If you are not satisfied with ThirstyAffiliates, you can claim a refund within 14 days of purchase.
- Advance: for 10 sites and costs $149
- Plus: for 5 sites and costs $99
- Basic: for 1 site and costs $49
ThirstyAffiliates is one of the best plugins on the market today, it also works for any WordPress site that uses affiliate marketing links. It’s an easy way to use nice redirect links and manage your affiliate links in one place. It offers great options, plus it’s my fairly lightweight plug-in that won’t slow down your website.
What do you think of the Thirsty Affiliates plugin? Have you used them for any of your website projects yet? Feel free to add a comment below.