Looking for the best way to connect your WordPress site with Google Analytics? MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress, it helps us discover important data about what content people like, the performance of their strategies, where their visitors are coming from and much more. You can also see which files people download the most or how many clicks your outbound links get.
But is MonsterInsights worth it? In this post we are going to talk in depth and detail about the MonsterInsights plugin, what features it has, advantages, how to install it, we will do a tutorial, give our opinion, explain the prices and much more.
MonsterInsights plugin Step by Step Guide
In this guide we will talk in depth and detail about the MonsterInsights plugin, it offers millions of facilities and is the best complement for you to start your project and ensure that your website is a success.
What Is MonsterInsights?
MonsterInsights is a WordPress plugin that allows you to link Google Analytics to the platform created by Matt Mullenweg without the need to copy any code, not even the tracking ID. A couple of clicks and you’re done.
It is very reliable and free, it also offers a huge amount of data. It has advanced options, such as accounting for eCommerce purchases. It is intended for beginners and professionals, so the most basic features are quite easy to use. It is the most popular analytics plugin currently on the market, in fact it has more than 2 million active installations and a 4-star rating. This plugin stands out for being easy to use and for the clarity of its web traffic graphs.
Monster Insights has a free basic version and a more advanced one with better paid features.
What are the benefits of MonsterInsights?
- Helps to find analytical reports in your WordPress dashboard
- Helps to configure Google Analytics easily and without coding
- Increases the ease of making informed decisions
- Integrates advanced monitoring functions
- MonsterInsights is designed to be easy to use
What are the features of the MonsterInsights plugin?
The Monster Insights plugin has various functions, and there is a function for each particular section of your website that can be tracked. You can put most of the tracking functions directly in the WordPress dashboard.
- Real-time statistics: You can view the real-time statistics of your website from the WordPress Dashboard.
- Improved Ecommerce Tracking: If you have an eCommerce website, you can track Woocommerce.
- Can be configured on different devices with just a few clicks.
- Google Analytics Dashboard: You can review your analytical report and get to know your WordPress dashboard.
- Headline Analyzer: improve SEO and get more clicks by following our Headline Analyzer suggestions directly in the WordPress editor.
- Custom content type tracking: See the performance of your custom content types.
- Easy Google Analytics Digital Downloads: Add enhanced eCommerce tracking to your EDD store.
- Author Tracking: View author statistics and find out who is the most popular author on your site.
- Referral Tracking: See how visitors are finding your website to target your best marketing efforts. Performance tracking: Control the sample rate of your Google Analytics report and the rate of return.
- Improved link attribution.
- Page level analysis: you can get an accurate report on every post and page on your website. • Email Summary – Your site’s Google Analytics traffic report is delivered directly to your inbox every week.
- Google Analytics for AMP: Add a suitable tracking for Google AMP.
- Google Analytics for Facebook Instant Articles: Add proper tracking for Facebook Analytics.
- Affiliate link and ad tracking: With the affiliate link tracker, you automatically track affiliate clicks, advertising, and other outbound links.
- Form Conversion Tracking: Track conversions of your WordPres forms.
- EU compliance: GDPR friendly.
- Optimize Performance & Enable Google: Optimize for A / B testing, adjust sample rate & rate, and advanced functions.
- Works with all popular plugins, including WPForms, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms and much more.
- Quick and easy setup: Set up Google Analytics for WordPress easily in a few clicks.
Monsterinsights is compatible with many other plugins such as:
- Facebook Instant Articles: Allows you to have data on the articles that people have visited within Facebook itself, without using a web browser.
- Forms: allows you to analyze the shipments, visits and conversions to the forms on your website.
- Ads Tracking: tracking of clicks on advertising banners.
- Google AMP: analytics of the behavior of users who have accessed the version with AMP technology from mobile devices.
- Custom Dimensions: the web search engine and tracking of taxonomies.
- eCommerce Tracking: electronic commerce tracking through integration with Easy Digital Downloads, WooCommerce, and MemberPress.
- EU Compliance: to comply with European data protection law.
- Google Optimize: To improve the user experience through A / B testing.
- Page Insights: shows additional metrics about the contents of your website.
- Performance: utility to improve page performance.
What does the PRO version of MonsterInsights include?
- Main outgoing links
- Main affiliate links
- Main landing pages
- Main abandonment pages
- Main downloads
- Report demographics of your audience by age, gender and interests.
- Access to the main organic search terms
- Terms and average URL position.
- Total revenue.
- Average value of each order.
- Products with better yields.
- Main sources of conversion.
- Conversion rate.
- Number of transactions in product files.
- Total revenue.
- Average value of each order.
- Products with better yields.
- Main sources of conversion.
- Session time of each user until finalizing the purchase.
- Previous sessions before a purchase.
- Best SEO scores of the blog
- Keyword with the best result in search engines.
- Authors who generate more traffic with their posts.
- What types of content get the best results.
- Most popular categories.
- Form impression counter to discover the best location.
- Reports from any contact form plugin or registration form.
In real time
- Reports every 60 seconds.
- Active visitors and their behavior on the web.
- Demographics of web traffic.
How to install and configure MonsterInsights?
Installing Monster Insights is not a complicated task.
1. Access the WordPress dashboard, then click Plugins, then select “Add New”.
2. Once here, put in the MonsterInsights search engine and it will appear.
3. Click “Install Now” and then “Activate Plugin”. Once done, skip the setup wizard. At Monsterinsights.com and find the license key. Then go back to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to “Insights”, then “Settings” and enter the key in the fill section, then click “Verification key”.
4. First you must choose between business website, personal blog or eCommerce. This information is important as it helps the plugin to create the best configuration for your project.
5. Connect Monsterinsights with Google Analytics. Click the blue button, log in to Analytics and give it permission to use your account if the plugin doesn’t work.
6. Choose your website in Google Analytics, you must have the account created. If you do not have it created you must go to “Manage” and then add a new property.
7. Fill in the requested information and then click on “Get Tracking ID”. That is the identifier that your page will have.
8. Once the website is registered, you can now link it with MonsterInsights.
9. Recommended settings: Event tracking and link attribution provide you with very valuable information on user behavior.
10. The wizard shows Addons, they are the payment functionalities. You can see all of them if you click on “View all MonsterInsights addons”.
11. Click Finish Setup & Exit Wizard to finish setup and exit the wizard. With this, the initial configuration of the plugin would be done.
Monster Insights Features
Once inside the plugin we have to click on “Settings” and we will find 6 main tabs that we will explain one by one:
- General: Here we can synchronize with Analytics or enter the license number in case we have the Pro version.
2. Commitment: We can improve the attribution of links and the configuration of demographic reports, we also find the option to “Anonymize IP addresses” that we recommend activating so as not to have any problems with the RGPD.
3. Electronic Commerce: It is available in its paid version and is used for subscriptions in case your site has a membership or to unify different metrics such as downloads.
4. Editor: default routes to track affiliate links.
5. Conversions: Payment option, in case you have a license here you will have the option to manage custom dimensions, forms or google optimize tests (Test A / B).
6. Advanced: Among many other options we can manage:
- Enable reports within the BackOffice
- Roles so that they have access or not to the forms
- Enable or Disable automatic updates
- Activate Plugin Recommendations
- Hide notifications of obsolete plugins and other security problems
Tutorial on MonsterInsights
Before we begin, we recommend doing a good explanatory tutorial to help you know how to use MonsterInsights. There are many tutorials, but we have selected the best one for you and the most complete.
MonsterInsights Support and Documentation
MonsterInsights has a full support of professionals who will assist you as soon as possible to resolve problems or doubts. Support is available through the Support tab of the My Account page on this site. There is quite complete documentation that will help us to solve necessary doubts.
What do I need to use MonsterInsights?
MonsterInsights needs a modern web browser to view the admin and at least WordPress 4.9.
Does MonsterInsights work on WordPress.com?
Yes, MonsterInsights is compatible with the WordPress.com platform but only if you have the business plan. Monster Insights is compatible with all normal WordPress installations.
Can I use MonsterInsights on non WordPress sites?
No, MonsterInsights will not work on sites that do not use WordPress as it is a WordPress plugin.
MonsterInsights refund your money if you are not satisfied?
If you are not completely satisfied with MonsterInsights after 14 days, you can request a refund and we will refund 100% of your money with no hassle.
MonsterInsights Plan Pricing
MonsterInsights has three payment plans that are Agency, Pro and Plus.
- Agency: You can use it on 25 websites and it costs $319.60
- Pro: You can use it on 5 websites and it costs $159.60
- Plus: You can use it on a website and it costs $79.60
Web analytics is essential to improve the visibility, the user experience and the conversion of a web project. Google Analytics is the mother of all analytics tools and also belongs to the most important search engine, so registering your project in it is a obligation.
You can choose to use a plugin that connects WordPress with Analytics and shows you data without leaving your control panel. MonsterInsights is one of the best options for your website that is versatile, powerful and easy to use for both beginners and professionals.
Its free version is more than enough to perform the main functions, but if you are small, it is advisable to select the paid version that has more functionalities. It stands out its ease of integration with WordPress without the need to touch code and the amount of options that offers. To get the most out of it, you will have to open Google Analytics and take advantage of its perfect integration.
Integrations with plugins such as MemberPress make Monster Insights Pro a multipurpose tool capable of meeting the demands of the most demanding.
What do you think of the MonsterInsights plugin? Have you used them for any of your website projects yet? Feel free to add a comment below.