MemberPress is an easy-to-use WordPress membership plugin that has been created to sell and protect website content. It has a variety of integrations and functions that will help you make your website completely secure.
MemberPress will work brilliantly for any small, medium or large business that needs to develop a Membership website for clients. It will help us to confidently manage, create and track subscriptions and sell digital download products.
These features will allow us to revoke your access to publications, videos, pages, tags, categories, feeds, digital files, communities and more depending on the function, in addition to managing your members when granting. MemberPress is popular for its many integrations and easy setup.
In this guide we will talk in depth about everything you need to know about this incredible plugin that we are sure will surprise you with its functionalities and characteristics.
MemberPress Plugin Step by Step Guide in 2022
In this guide of 2022 we will talk in depth and in detail about MemberPress the plugin currently on the market.
MemberPress: What is MemberPress?
MemberPress is an easy to use WordPress membership plugin. This amazing software will help you charge immediately for access and is feasibly installed on your site. The difference of this membership software with others is that it is solid, easy to use and integrates perfectly with your WordPress website.
MemberPress is used mainly by bloggers who already have a high traffic and audience level, this plugin is oriented to monetization from exclusive content. It is also an option for people who wish to market info products such as online courses through subscription strategies. It should be noted that there is no free version of this plugin, so also the latest version of this plugin is 1.9.x.
There are three plans of the MemberPress plugin:
- MemberPress Basic: the most economical, it allows you to use MemberPress on a WordPress website and its integrations are limited, so much so that it does not have direct integration with ActiveCampaign. It costs $179 a year.
- MemberPress Plus: currently only allows you to use the plugin on 2 WordPress websites. Incorporate integrations. It costs $299 a year.
- MemberPress Pro: to use on 5 sites. Includes free 10 exclusive extensions and the affiliate plugin “Affiliate Royale” that would cost you $ 85 if you buy it separately. It costs $399 per year.
MemberPress Pros and Cons
- Multiple payment processors
- Drip feed content
- Easy to use intuitive setup
- Affiliate system included with higher priced plan
- Email autoresponder integration
- Powerful access rules
- No WooCommerce support
- All front end elements seem outdated and ugly
- Questionable marketing tactics fake “Limited time offer”
- Slow updates and development with not too many improvements made over time
- Subscriptions and the possibility of granting unlimited access
- Easy setup
- Integrations with PayPal Standard, PayPal Express Checkout and Stripe
- Content drip, content drip, option that allows content to be progressively released
- Ability to create paid content subscriptions
- Customizable coupons
- Content protection
- Integration with Activecampaing and Mailchimp
- Statistics and data dashboard
- Integration with Quaderno
- Fully customizable access rules for all types of content
- Fully customizable pricing pages
- Subscription management options for users
- Detailed and comprehensive documentation, including an amazing user manual and email course
- Subscriptions, content release or access to certain content based on recurring payments and subscription
How to Use MemberPress
What features does MemberPress have on your WordPress site?
First of all, you must register for the plan that best meets your needs for your website. Registering is a simple process, you just have to enter your email and then make the corresponding payment. Once the payment is ready, you will have to enter some information about your company.
Once you have entered the corresponding information, the page will redirect you to an overview tab of the MemberPress panel. Then you will have to click on the “Downloads” link.
Once you are on the page to download the MemberPress plugin you will also see that you can find the activation key, the renewal date and all the MemberPress plugins. To obtain its plugin you will have to click the orange button “Download” and it would be ready.
When you have downloaded MemberPress, you must open the WordPress administration panel and select “Plugins” then “Add new” in the menu itself. This will take you to a page where you can search for plugins or upload a plugin to the WordPress database. You must click on “Upload add-on” and then select the zip file and click on “Install”.
WordPress will unzip the ZIP file which may take a couple of minutes and then the plugin will have to be activated when the installation is finished. Go to the “Settings” area of the MemberPress plugin and then copy and paste the license key from your MemberPress account. This will allow us to do the updates automatically.
Connect a Payment Gateway
Once the MemberPress plugin is installed you must activate and connect a payment gateway. To carry out this process you must go to the “Settings” area of the plugin and open the “Payments” tab. Once you have done this you must click on the gray “+” button.
A box will appear for you to fill in the basic information. You must select the payment method and give the correct gateway in the menu that will be displayed.
Next, MemberPress will have to fill in certain information for the payment gateway you have selected. Once you have all the information filled in, you have to click on “Update Options” at the bottom of the page so that the payment method is saved.
Create Your First Membership Level
Once the payment gateway is connected, you should start investigating how you can create the membership levels. To do this you must click on the link “Memberships” which will take you to an area where you can manage membership levels. You must click on “Add new” at the top of the page and it will take you directly to the creation of members.
At the top of the page you will see the areas for the description and the title of the level. These areas use WordPress blogging software, so you can format your membership description just like you would any other page.
The bar on the right of the page gives us the option to set the terms for the membership level. The first thing to do is enter the price you want to unlock the ability to select recurring payments or one-time payments. If, for example, you choose recurring payments, you will have more customization options:
If you choose the recurring payments option, you have several options:
- Every three months
- Every six months
Another option is to include a free or paid trial period. If you choose a trial period, you can specify the cost of the trial and the number of days. Then scroll down the page until you reach “Membership Options”.
This area allows you to customize a variety of aspects of the user at this level:
- The welcome email
- What information is requested from users
- The appearance of the price box
- The “Thank you” page that customers see when they make the purchase
- The different payment methods
- Who can buy this level of membership
- Where customers with this membership level are sent when they log into your website
Once you have finished customizing the membership part you can click on “Publish” in the right sidebar. If you want, you also have the option of adding a featured image to the membership.
In this step we can create memberships and rules on how they can interact with the content. You must go to the “Rules” section of MemberPress and click on “Add New” at the top.
It will take you directly to the page where you can detail your new rule, which will allow you what requirements users must meet to access the content and that the content is protected by these rules.
At the bottom of the page you will see two checkboxes that will allow you to enable the expiration of the content or enable the drip. If you choose one of these options, you must specify the period of time between the triggering action and the content launch and also specify when this event triggers.
Once you have done the configuration you can scroll to the top and click on “Save rule” in the right sidebar. The rule will go to work immediately.
Add-ons and Integrations
You can upgrade your membership by using certain MemberPress plugins. The basic plan comes with two types of add-ons:
- Email Marketing Integrations: MemberPress includes integrations for email marketing tools such as Constant Contact, MailPoet, and Aweber. This allows you to run automated email campaigns for members.
- MemberPress expansions: these are add-ons that offer additional functions to MemeberPress such as the creation of PDF invoices. MemberPress integrates other very useful tools such as bbPress. With just one click you can install these plugins from your WordPress site. If the plugin connects to an external service, you will need to manually connect MemberPress to your account with the service.
Go to the “Reports” area of MemberPress to review the success of your membership program. It will take you to a page where you can see the details of how members interact with your website.
Also this page offers you line charts to track the different types of transactions.
Through the Pro subscription to the MonsterInsights plugin you can access MemberPress analysis with more details.
MemberPress is a wonderful plugin for selling and protecting website content. It is quite easy to use for both beginners and professionals. Here is a tutorial where you can see how everything works step by step.
This plugin has three available paid plans:
- Basic: You can use it for one site and it costs $179 per year.
- Plus: You can use it in two sites and it costs $299 per year.
- Pro: You can use it on five sites and it costs $399 per year.
MemberPress is an amazing plugin that works perfectly smoothly as part of the WordPress admin panel. It’s also easy to work with all the advanced features it offers. It offers you the possibility to manage, create and analyze subscriptions to memberships and digital products with great ease of use and with total confidence.
MemberPress allows you to grant and / or revoke access to pages, posts, custom post types, custom content types, feeds, categories, tags, communities and digital downloads based on the products your users have purchased or subscribed to through recurring payments.
MemberPress is built on WordPress, which allows us to create very powerful and efficient Membership sites that take full advantage of all the functionality of WordPress, including forums, content management and communities. In addition, Memberpress connects with the most widespread payment gateways on the market: Stripe, Paypal standard and express checkout and Authorize.net.
Memberpress connects with some of the most downloaded and popular WordPress plugins, the most powerful payment platforms on the internet and popular email marketing applications:
- Affiliate Royale or IdevAffiliate
- Active Campaign
- Constant Contact
- Convert Kit
- Campaign Monitor
- Sensei LMS or Courseware
- and many more.
What do you think of the MemberPres membership plugin for WordPress? Have you used them for any of your website projects yet? Feel free to add a comment below.