Looking for the best form plugin currently on the market? Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin used to create contact forms on websites to collect information. Gravity Forms can be used for WordPress post creation, contact forms, job applications, calculators and much more.
Gravity Forms has incredible support and numerous add-ons, paid or free, that give it integration with other platforms and thus increase its functionality
In this post we are going to talk in depth and in detail about what Gravity Forms is, what features it has, advantages, how it is installed, we will do a tutorial, give our opinion and explain the prices and much more.
Gravity Forms plugin Step by Step Guide
In this guide we will talk in depth and in detail about the Gravity Forms plugin, it is a plugin that offers us many facilities when creating forms on our website.
What Is Gravity Forms?
Gravity Forms is a premium WordPress plugin for creating and managing your website forms. It has very good features and is quite simple to use. It is a very popular plugin and highly valued by almost all WordPress users. Gravity Forms is a software that allows visitors to send you any type of information. It is a paid plugin, so you will have to make a small investment of this incredible WordPress plugin.
What are the advantages of using the Gravity Forms plugin?
- You can create almost any type of form: User Surveys, Checkpoints, Open Text Field Surveys, Questionnaires, File Upload Forms, Numeric Fields, Multiple Choice Questions, Support Requests, Product Quote Request, Order online and much more.
- Simple as well as powerful: It offers you a very simple interface and it will only take a couple of clicks to have a functional form. The drag & drop editor will make you fall in love from the first moment you start using it.
- You will have great control over how users can interact with forms and how their entries are handled.
- You will be able to enable the advanced redirection system of the form entries.
- Gravity Forms allows you to divide the forms that you create.
- Wide range of fields: sidebar with a large number of predefined fields.
- Anti-spam protection.
- You can receive payments directly on your forms: If you need a payment system through the most popular platforms such as PayPal or Stripe.
- It allows you to attract new customers or subscribers.
What are the most outstanding features of the Gravity Forms plugin?
- Ability to create multi-page forms with buttons, in order to store progress.
- An invisible anti-spam (Captcha Honeypot) to reduce spam.
- Ability to control the availability of forms by date or number of entries.
- Optimization of forms for mobile devices.
- A selection of free and commercial official and third party plugins.
- Create WordPress website user account registration forms.
- Support for creating multiple form entry notifications.
- Translation available in several languages.
What are the form fields that can be configured in Gravity Forms?
Gravity Forms fields are grouped into four categories:
- Standard: selectors, numbers, check boxes, radio buttons, single text line, paragraphs, dropdowns, HTML field, section, page, and hidden fields.
- Advanced: Phone, address, name, date, time, web, email, file upload, CAPTCHA, list.
- Posts: excerpt, tags, categories, post title, body, featured image, custom field.
- Prices: product, quantity, option, shipping, total, credit card.
How to install the Gravity Forms plugin?
Gravity Forms is simple to install, in fact it is the same process that is followed for other add-ons. Next, we will teach you how to quickly install Gravity Forms using the plugin uploader within your WordPress admin panel.
Using the WordPress dashboard
- Once you have downloaded the Gravity Forms plugin, you have to go to the add-ons page and click on “Add new”.
- Now you have to click on “Upload now” which will appear in the upper left corner.
- Drag and drop the file you downloaded and click on “Select file”. You will have to choose from the file explorer the plugin that will have a name of the style “gravityforms_x.x.xx.zip” and then click on the “Install Now”
- In this step you have to “Activate the plugin”. You must activate it from the Plugins tab as they do not activate themselves.
- You must enter the license code in the appropriate field and it will notify you with a message to start working with Gravity Forms.
- First download Gravity Forms, you need to access the Gravity Forms download page.
- Log in to your account and download the plugin zip file.
- While installing via FTP, you will need to unzip the zip file you downloaded.
- Via FTP access your WordPress site and navigate to the wp_content / plugins directory. There, upload all the “gravityforms” folder that you got from unzipping the zip file.
- Once fully loaded, log into your WordPress admin panel and click on “Plugins”.
- Activate it by clicking “Activate Plugin”.
Gravity Forms WordPress: How To Set It Up
Getting started with Gravity Forms is a simple process, but there are a few steps you need to follow. To find these settings go to the left sidebar of WordPress. You will see that a new section called “Forms” has appeared and then select the “Settings” option.
Next, we show you the best configuration for Gravity Forms from our experience:Next, we show you the best configuration for Gravity Forms from our experience:
- Insert CSS: Allows you to add CSS code to your forms. Activate it if you have knowledge about this.
- Use of HTML5: used to add custom HTML to your forms. It is advisable to have it activated.
- Conflict-free mode: This option exists due to problems that may arise with other plugins or themes.
- Currency: Select the currency with which you are going to work. • Automatic updates: Here you must select whether to activate automatic updates.
- Toolbar menu: This allows you to show or hide the toolbar menu. We recommend leaving it activated.
- Log: The log allows you to see the bugs that may arise in your Gravity Forms.
It will allow you to configure the CAPTCHA, you only have to fill in the fields that they ask for.
How to use Gravity Forms
The editor will help you design your form.
General settings: Here we will do the basic configuration of the form. You can fill in: the title, description, location of the label, location of the description, type of button, limit number of entries, schedule form, Anti-Spam, animated transactions, personal data, notifications, data retention policy, addresses IP and much more.
The inputs will allow you to control the form submissions and manage them without any problem. If you link Gravity Forms to a mail marketing tool like MailChimp, the inputs will be stored.
4. Types of field
Next we will name the available fields that you can use in your forms:
- Standard fields: text line, drop-down menu, number, option button, HTML, paragraph, selector, check boxes and much more.
- Advanced fields: Name, time, address, email, CAPTCHA, date, phone, web, file upload and list.
- Input fields: title, extract, category, custom field, body, labels and input image.
- Price fields: Product, option, total, quantity and shipment.
Addons for Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms allows you to use a large number of extensions to expand the potential of your forms. Next we will talk about the most necessary for your website:
- MailChimp: You can collect information in any of your forms.
- Stripe / Paypal: These plugins that allow you to configure payments through Stripe (credit card) or Paypal.
- Woocommerce: This plugin is proprietary to WordPress and is not integrated into the Gravity Forms extension system itself.
Gravity Forms Tutorial
When we are not sure how something works, it is advisable to see a good explanatory tutorial to help you know how to use it. There are many tutorials, but we have selected the best one for you and the most complete.
Opinion and Price
Gravity Forms is a flexible and very powerful plugin with which we can create all kinds of forms, from the most basic to the most advanced. It is quite simple to install and configure, also if you have doubts, do not hesitate to ask for help To start working we have to first install it, then activate it and finally configure the options that are done in a few steps.
All licenses include scalability, extensibility, security, reliability and the best support from professionals.
Gravity Forms Plans:
- Basic License: Serves for one site and costs $59 per year
- Elite License: Serves for unlimited sites and costs $259 per year
- Pro License: Serves for three sites and costs $159 per year
Frequently Asked Questions about Gravity Forms
Which Gravity Forms plan to choose?
It all depends on the needs of each user, Gravity Forms offers 3 plans that differ from each other basically in the number of sites to use the plugin and in the add-ons available in each plan.
How do I cancel the automatic renewal of Gravity Forms?
Canceling the automatic renewal of Gravity Forms is really easy, you just have to log in, then click on “Licenses”, “Next payment” and finally click on “Cancel”.
Does Gravity Forms offer a refund policy?
Yes, Gravity Forms has a clear refund policy that you can see on its own website. Refund requests can take up to 14 days to be processed.
What do you think of Gravity Forms? Have you used them for any of your website projects yet? Feel free to add a comment below.