Flywheel hosting is a web hosting provider that offers a WordPress hosting solution. Flywheel host was founded in 2012, offers managed WP hosting services for web designers, creative agencies, web developers or start ups. The Flywheel hosting has a well-designed interface with an easy-to-use control panel.
The company was created to provide WordPress designers and developers worldwide with quality and reliable web hosting services. Their focus on WordPress hosting enables them to provide dedicated WordPress hosting services and guarantees users high quality and reliability.
It also provides reliable web hosting services and high speed performance necessary for your website to function perfectly. It also makes it easy for us to build a website from scratch using its free demo sites and one-click features. It has been built on a powerful enhanced network structure to offer speed, balance and security. Flywheel uses a platform called Flywheel Cloud Platform (powered by GCP), this platform is very reliable, powerful, very fast, scalable and resilient. This platform performs much better than those used by most competitors.
Below you will find all the information you need to know if the Flywheel web hosting service is the most suitable for your project.
Flywheel step by step guide
In this guide, we will talk in depth and in detail about the best web server for your website.
Flywheel Hosting Review: What is Flywheel?
Flywheel wp is a web hosting company aimed especially at agencies and designers, it has become a highly demanded and popular option for anyone who is creating WordPress websites. The founders of Flywheel are Rick Knudtson, Tony Noecker and Dusty Davidson which shape the company in in Omaha, Nebraska.
They operate with FlyCache for custom caching optimization, Genesis frameworks, nightly backups, CDN for speed improvement, self-healing technologies for site restoration in case of downtime or failure, as well as SSL certificate. If customers need additional websites, they must pay $ 20 each month per site.
Flywheel offers quite cheap prices, although some companies that offer WP services have lower prices. Customers can choose a monthly or annual billing cycle.
Flywheel WordPress Specific Features
- Optimized control panel
- Organize sites with one click
- Nightly backups
- Lightning fast site speed
- Add free Flywheel SSL
- Free website migration
- Cloning sites is easy
- Easy Flywheel SFTP access
- Malware protection
- Choose any Flywheel locations from 10 data centers
- Use a Flywheel CDN
- Ticket, phone and chat support
Pros and Cons of FlyWheeel
As with any hosting provider, there are pros and cons to consider before making a decision.
Pros of FlyWheeel
- WordPress & WooCommerce Experts
- Optimized for WordPress
- Easily manage 1 or hundreds of websites
- Self-healing technology
- Cloning sites pretty easy
- Add free SSL and update DNS
- Experienced personal support
- Run and restore nightly backups
- Lightning fast site speed
- Hacker-free security
- Easy SFTP access
- Powerful development tools
Cons of FlyWheel
- It only supports WordPress / WooCommerce
- They do not offer email hosting
- More expensive than standard accommodation
- Some restricted / prohibited plugins
Why Choose FlyWheel in 2021?
It is important to make a good choice of hosting for your website, this will depend on whether your website works properly.
Get FlyWheel is a managed WordPress hosting that will provide us with tons of features at a fairly affordable price. Some of the essential features that will make you choose it are:
- Automatic updates: Flywheel will automatically update the main WordPress software.
- Safe staging sites: This is the best and most useful feature. It offers you a provisional version of its site quickly.
- Built-in varnish caching engine: Uses caching, because of this your site will load quickly without any use of the caching plugin.
- WordPress Security: Ensures the security of your site without using any third-party security plugins.
- Free SSL Certificate: It will offer you a free Let’sEncrypt SSL Certificate in all its plans. With just a few clicks you will have all the configuration installed.
- Automatic backups: You will back up your website every night. For this reason, you will not need any third-party plugins to perform the backup process.
- Malware removal: If something happens to your site in any way, Flywheel will take care of removing any obstacle that happens on your website.
- Expert 24/7 support: They will help you by email, chat and phone calls, whenever you need help.
FlyWheel Hosting Features
Before choosing a hosting service, we have to take into account the different features and functionalities they offer to see if it meets the needs of our project. For this reason, we will take an in-depth look at the features that FlyWheel’s membership offers.
1. Easy to use
FlyWheel WordPress hosting offers a very easy to use control panel, it also lists all the websites you have access to as well as all the profile details. In the profile you will find personal information, your billing history and your payment options.
In the main panel of the panel you will see all the sites you manage and also the option to start a new site. Clicking on a site on your dashboard opens the specific website settings where you will find several key elements.
2. Intuitive statistics
Migration can be a difficult task for people who are beginners. Flywheel is one of the few providers that has specifically focused on making this task easier for their customers. Flywheel offers an accessible sandbox, so users can test new themes, new plugins, WordPress updates and without risking any interruption.
3. Free migration to websites
Flywheel gives the option to migrate your website to the hosting. The process is simple, you just have to go to the Flywheel website and click on “Migrate my site”. The steps to follow are very simple:
- Step 1: You must register for an account and then you must fill out a small form on their website.
- Step 2: Flywheel will take you to your WordPress site and make a copy of it.
- Step 3: Flywheel will upload a copy of the website to one of its demo sites where you can view it before deciding on a paid plan.
4. Supplemental SSL certificates
Security is an important aspect of our website. This SSL certificate increases security, it also helps e-commerce customers feel safe when shopping on your website. It also allows us to accept credit card payments securely and even increase the Google ranking of your website.
All FlyWheel plans include SSL certificates for all their clients websites at no additional charge.
5. Faster loading times
Loading times is an aspect that we have to take into account when having a sales website, as they can damage our sales. Also, most hosting providers are not optimized for loading WordPress websites.
To increase the performance of our WordPress website we recommend downloading the WP Super Cache plugin or the W3 Total Cache plugin. These plugins will help us speed up our website, you will notice that it loads faster. Flywheel uses server-side caching on their servers specifically designed to deliver maximum performance with fast speed to WordPress websites.
6. Management of website backups
Thanks to the user interface you can create and restore backups in just a few clicks. Through the Flywheel control panel, you can perform a full site restore and you can also manually restore the site’s database or files yourself. Flywheel offers free nightly backups with all sites that are easily accessible from your dashboard.
Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a content distribution structure that distributes your content in different places at the same time. This provides high coverage for users. CDN provides an improvement in the loading speed of your page; Malicious bots, block spam, and scrapers. It also makes your website high traffic. CDN also helps protect your sites from DdoS attacks and decrease bandwidth consumption. Flywheel has the CDN function in most of its web hosting plans.
8. Password protection
Flywheel offers password protection to keep your websites safe. This feature ensures that your control panel is secure by accessing only with the correct password.
9. Enable or disable cache
Flywheel includes caching to help improve the performance of your website. What stands out about this feature is that you can enable or disable the cache whenever you want.
10. Cloning of sites
Flywheel gives us the option to clone an existing website to reduce the effort and time to be able to create a new website more quickly.
11. Demonstration sites
WordPress allows us to create free demo sites and pay for the websites only when they are activated. This allows you to correct any errors on the websites before and see before they are published.
12. Activity time
According to the majority of customers who use Flywheel servers, the uptime is approximately 99.99%. This means that your site will be Flywheel online and available approximately 99.99% of the time and only 0.01% will be unavailable. Flywheel also offers an incredible server response time of less than 400ms, even during times of tremendously high traffic.
13. Flywheel cloud platform
Flywheel has leveraged Google Cloud Platform to create cloud infrastructure for its users. With technologies such as instant scaling, self-healing websites, a free global CDN and FlyCache. Getflywheel promises to provide server enhancement and better performance.
14. Easy collaboration
Flywheel makes it safer and easier to work with freelancers and friends. On your Flywheel site page you click the “Manage Partners” button and enter their email address.
Once on the list, the collaborations will receive a Flywheel email from staff to log in to Flywheel (or register if they are beginners) and from there they will have the access that you want from their own Flywheel control panel. Once the job is complete, just lock access and you’re good to go.
Services offered by FlyWheel
The services offered by FlyWheel are quite complete when compared to other web hosting providers. Among them we have to highlight the following services it offers:
- Superfast site speed, also backed by Google Cloud Platform.
- Free WordPress CDN custom caching.
- Free SSL certificates and install it directly from your site’s control panel.
- Hacker-free security, keeps your websites safe and secure.
- Easy SFTP access.
- Powerful development tools to speed up website creation.
FlyWheel Support and Customer Service
FlyWheel offers three types of support to solve doubts or problems, it allows you to communicate with your WordPress experts in different ways: email, phone and live chat. You can reach their support team from 9 a.m. at 7 p.m. CDT.
The company also offers detailed knowledge information in their Flywheel blog including articles and blog posts to get started with Flywheel, pricing, security, databases, plugins, and domain. You can also get important information in their free e-books, documents and help videos.
Flywheel is a web host that offers a WordPress hosting solution. Here we leave you a fairly complete and detailed tutorial so that you can see step by step how this hosting works.
Flywheel Hosting Pricing Plan
WordPress Hosting Plans
1. Managed WordPress Hosting: keeps websites fast, safe and reliable while giving you the business tools you need to efficiently create websites at great Flywheel prices.
- Tiny: it costs $13 per month if you hire a year. They give you two months free.
- Starter: it costs $25 per month if you hire one year. They give you two months free.
- Freelance: it costs $ 96 per month if you hire one year. They give you two months free.
- Agency: it costs $ 242 per month if you hire one year. They give you two months free.
2. Growth Suite: Gives your website the tools it needs to grow, including customer management, subscription billing, and revenue information.
- Freelance: it costs $113 per month if you hire one year. They give you two months free.
- Agency: it costs $275 per month if you hire one year. They give you two months free.
Flywheel hosting is a WordPress web hosting website that has amazing front-end and back-end user interface. The panel is quite easy to use, making it easy for you to set up and function. All functions are well organized to always facilitate customer access. This makes it easy for both novice and advanced WordPress users to quickly install new WordPress sites without any hassle.
We have to give importance to the security of our website, in fact Flywheel uses a quality IP blocking to help identify and block threats that try to force access to your sites. They have partnered with Sucuri to ensure the enhanced security of their websites.
Flywheel also has impressive uptime and a proactive support team that is always ready to help you at any time.
We highly recommend Flywheel web hosting under our experience to any WordPress web designer, developer or user who is looking for a quality and reliable web hosting service dedicated to WordPress.