Do you need a WordPress theme for blogs or online magazines? Extra is the best WordPress theme on the market today for blogs. This theme works with the same principle as Divi Builder and with several new specialized modules to give your blog a perfect functionality and appearance.
This is an excellent theme for any online magazine, news, portfolio, corporate or professional website platform as we will see on this Extra review. Extra is one of the latest incredible creations of Elegant Themes, it is one of the most prestigious companies for WordPress that has premium templates and five top quality plugins for professionals. It includes some wonderful blog layouts, custom widgets, and a built-in ranking system.
In this Extra review we will talk about what the Extra theme is, what it is for, how to install it, tutorials, the advantages, opinions and prices and much more. Here we go folks … !!
Extra Review: Step by Step Guide in 2023
Table of Contents
- 1 Extra Review: Step by Step Guide in 2023
- 2 Extra Tutorial
- 3 Extra Support and Documentation
- 4 Extra FAQ
- 4.1 Should I use Divi or Extra theme?
- 4.2 What is the difference between Divi theme and Divi extra?
- 4.3 What is Elegant Themes?
- 4.4 Why choose Elegant Themes?
- 4.5 Can you get Extra theme for free?
- 4.6 What if I change my mind and want a refund?
- 4.7 Can I upgrade to a different package after signing up?
- 4.8 Can I use your themes on WordPress.com?
- 4.9 Can I use my Extra theme on multiples websites?
- 4.10 Do I need to install the Divi Builder plugin with the Divi theme?
- 4.11 Will Extra theme work with third party plugins?
- 4.12 Can I edit Extra theme with Elementor?
- 4.13 Is Extra theme good for SEO?
- 5 Price and Final Thoughts
In this Extra review we will talk in depth taking into account every detail of the Extra theme, it is a theme that will provide millions of facilities so that you can start as soon as possible to create your website for blogs or online magazines with total success.
Extra Review: What is Extra?
Extra is a theme created by Elegant Themes that allows us to create blogs. The Extra template is very similar to Divi in terms of its customization and operation since both are based on the Elegant Themes page builder known as Divi builder. This builder allows you to create amazing and unique pages as well as posts without writing a single line of code.
While the Extra template is intended for magazines or blogs, Divi is geared towards being a multipurpose template. Like Divi, Extra has a Divi Builder web builder inside it.
What is Divi Builder? Divi Builder is a web builder integrated into Divi and Extra templates, it can be used in any WordPress theme on the market.
What are the advantages of the Extra theme?
- Mega Menu
- Template focused on the publication
- Category builder
- Post functions
- Trend bar
- 9 Widgets: Authors, announcements, recent comments, login, recent posts, recent reviews, recent videos, recent tweets and followers on social networks.
- Project sidebar
- WooCommerce functions
What are the advantages of the Extra theme?
- Multi-purpose template
- Compatible with third party products
- Multi-languages with RTL
- Vertical navigation
- Credits in the footer
- Navigation by points
Main features of the Extra theme
Extra differs from Divi in being specifically optimized for online blogs and magazines, with each new feature designed with bloggers in mind.
The new add-on category modules
Extra comes with a new set of Divi Builder modules created specifically to meet the needs of bloggers and online publications.
With just a few clicks you can quickly adjust fonts, sizes, colors, spacing and much more. You have full control over the style and appearance of your page With Divi Builder’s advanced layout settings. You can even add custom CSS.
One layout for any situation
With Divi Builder, you have full control over the structure and content of the category layouts you create.
The possibilities are endless
A wide range of home page and category layouts can be created by combining different column and module structures as shown below on this Extra review.
Divi Builder Compatible
Extra comes with Divi Builder, giving us advanced drag-and-drop building power for every page and post.
800+ pre-made layouts
Over 800 pre-made website layouts come within Divi Builder for free.
It has been designed to look sleek and modern in Extra.
Amazing Project Portfolios
Comes with a new type of custom post especially for projects.
- Enough header options: With Extra you can select different layouts, adjust colors, customize fonts, change font size and much more.
- Advanced Mega Menus: Created to meet the needs of bloggers and online publications.
- Secondary and Footer Navigation: Extra comes with three different menu locations.
- Extra comes with social media integration, all posts have built-in share buttons, and the social tracking widget.
- Your website will look great on all screen sizes and on all devices as it is built on a fluid and responsive grid.
- Product & Publication Reviews: Includes a unique and powerful built-in review system.
- Extra comes with its own review system, allowing you to write detailed product reviews.
- Extra allows users to rate their posts with a simple star rating system.
- 24/7 Premium support.
How To Install The Extra Theme
Installing Extra is a very simple process thanks to the WordPress dashboard theme installer. We leave you a video tutorial below in this Extra review.
Install your theme in the WordPress dashboard
1. You must first log into your WordPress Dashboard and then upload your theme.
2.Once you are logged in, click on the “Appearances” tab and then click on “Themes”.
3. Click on “Add New” located at the top of the screen.
4. Click the “Upload Theme” button at the top of the page.
5. A new page will open with an upload link. Select “Choose file” and find the zip file you just downloaded in the members area and then select it.
6. Once you have selected the file, click “Install Now” to install your Extra theme.
7. Once the theme has fully loaded, an “Activate Theme” link will appear. Click on this topic to activate Extra and complete the installation process.
Using The Extra Theme and Module Customizer
You can tweak almost every part of Extra’s layout with the theme customizer. Check the video tutorial below we leave you in this Extra review.
Accessing The Theme & Module Customizers
The Theme Customizer gives us control over the Extra theme elements of the entire site, such as the logo, its menu size or the text styles of the header and its body. You have to go to Extra -> Theme Customizer and Extra -> Module Customizer Links in your WordPress Dashboard.
Exploring The Theme Customizer
First, in this Extra review we have to explore the Theme Customizer. Here we find quite a few separate options in different categories. When you open the customizer you will see several panels, such as and “General Settings” and “Header and Navigation”. You’ll get a live preview of the changes that have been made. You can do just about anything with the Theme Customizer without touching a line of code.
Exploring The Module Customizer
The Module Customizer is based on the customization of individual modules as opposed to the general elements of the website. Once you open the Module Customizer, a separate panel will appear for each of the Divi Builder modules. Opening these panels will display the customizer controls that can be used for typography and to adjust the spacing of each module to your website.
Plugins for Extra theme
These are the plugins that stand out the most for the Extra theme:
- WPML: is a plugin that facilitates the creation and administration of multilingual websites. This plugin is very simple for blogging and powerful enough for business sites.
- Divi Builder: is a plugin that allows you to create and structure a web page in an intuitive and very simple way, by dragging and dropping blocks.
- Monarch: is a premium plugin that has been designed to share on social networks or on different profiles through buttons.
- Bloom: is a plugin that allows us to create subscription forms and place them in different positions within your WordPress.
- WP Rocket: Today’s most powerful web performance plugin. Improve Google PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals scores and reduce loading time in an instant.
- Elementor: is a page builder plugin that replaces the basic WordPress editor with a drag and drop editor.
- Beaver Builder: is a WordPress page builder plugin.
- All in one SEO: is a plugin that has been designed to enhance the SEO of your page in an efficient and simple way.
- Yoast SEO: is a search engine optimization plugin for WordPress.
- Woocommerce: it is a WordPress plugin that allows you to implement an online store for small and large companies.
- Gutenberg: it is the visual editor of the tool to manage WordPress content through blocks in an intuitive and simple way.
Extra is a theme that is designed to offer the best to the user, to build your website of online magazines or blogs successfully. Here you have a complete Extra tutorial so you can see how everything works step by step.
Extra Support and Documentation
For sales, accounts and billing please email if you have any questions about billing or your Elegant Theme account. If you need technical support you can chat directly with the highly qualified support team.
For more information on the customer service and support of Elegant Themes check the following links:
- Documentation: https://www.elegantthemes.com/documentation/
- FAQ: https://help.elegantthemes.com/en/
- Blog: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/
- Forum Support: https://www.elegantthemes.com/forum/
- 24/7 Support: https://www.elegantthemes.com/members-area/login/
Should I use Divi or Extra theme?
Both WordPress themes are excellent but, depending the purpose of your website you should use one or the other. In short, if your website is a publishing platform as a newspaper, magazine, portfolio or similar then you should use Extra theme but, if your website is a business website then you should use Divi.
What is the difference between Divi theme and Divi extra?
They are the same but, the main difference is that Divi extra includes page templates that Divi theme does not.
What is Elegant Themes?
Elegant Themes is a company that develops premium WordPress themes with excellent support.
Why choose Elegant Themes?
Elegant Themes is a leading WordPress development company that has been creating Themes for more than 10 years.
Can you get Extra theme for free?
No, Extra theme is a premium theme that you can purchase on Elegant themes website.
What if I change my mind and want a refund?
A refund is made within 30 days of your purchase.
Can I upgrade to a different package after signing up?
Of course!! you can update at any time after registering.
Can I use your themes on WordPress.com?
Yes, but to allow installation of third-party themes and plugins you need to purchase the Business Plan on WordPress.com.
Can I use my Extra theme on multiples websites?
Of course, you can use the themes and plugins on as many websites that you need.
Do I need to install the Divi Builder plugin with the Divi theme?
Of course not, the Extra theme and the Divi theme come with the Divi Builder or as part of the theme you want to choose.
Will Extra theme work with third party plugins?
Extra theme should work fine with most plugins.
Can I edit Extra theme with Elementor?
Yes, because Elementor is a WordPress plugin that allows you to edit and customize any WordPress theme.
Is Extra theme good for SEO?
Yes, Extra theme is a SEO friendly WordPress theme developed with all the best Search Engine Optimization practices in mind.
Price and Final Thoughts
Extra theme Pricing Plans:
- Yearly access: costs $89 per year
- Lifetime access: costs $249 one time
Extra Theme has most of the features that an online blog or magazine should have, so you won’t need to install a large number of extra plugins. They have also integrated other cool features for optimized for online magazines and blogs, such as various custom widgets to help you integrate social media profiles and authors, a product rating system, and product ratings.
Click here to Buy the Extra theme on Elegant Themes Now
What do you think of this Extra review? Have you used Extra theme for any of your website projects yet? Anything to add? Feel free to add a comment below.