Looking for a light and fast WordPress theme? Blocksy is a WordPress theme that offers the latest technologies, is also light, fast, customizable and has been designed for the Gutenberg editor. It allows us to create all kinds of websites in a simple way such as stores, businesses, corporate, blogs, restaurants, education, landing pages, portfolios and much more.
Blocksy is a fully customizable theme, it is SEO optimized, ready to be translated and is compatible with WooCommerce, you will also increase conversions and you can easily create everything you want. Plus, it works seamlessly with popular WordPress builders like Beaver Builder, Elementor, Brizy, and Visual Composer. This theme is active on more than 90,000 websites that use WordPress.
Below in this Blocksy review we will talk about the functionalities and features of this theme for WordPress, keep reading and find out everything you need to know about this theme that works perfectly with popular WordPress builders.
Blocksy Review: Step by Step Guide in 2023
Table of Contents
- 1 Blocksy Review: Step by Step Guide in 2023
- 2 Blocksy WordPress Theme Tutorial
- 3 Blocksy FAQ
- 4 Blocksy Support and Documentation
- 5 Blocksy Pricing Plans
- 6 Blocksy Review: Conclusion
In this Blocksy review we will talk in depth and in detail about the lightest and fastest theme for your WordPress website that is currently on the market.
Blocksy Review: What is Blocksy?
Blocksy is one of the most innovative themes for WordPress, it is also fast, light and much more customizable than many premium WordPress themes. It offers powerful performance in top indices such as: Pingdom performance 92%, Google PageSpeed 95%, GTmetrix Yslow score 88% and GTmetrix PageSpeed 100%.
Blocksy is a WordPress theme that comes with a free version with many built-in features based on Gutenberg. Blocksy is designed with the latest web technologies to give you a smooth experience. Blocksy offers a variety of customizable options like footer options, header options, color options, and layout options.
Blocksy WordPress Theme Pros And Cons
- Variety of customization options
- Works perfectly with Elementor and Gutenberg
- Compatible with WooCommerce
- The code is well optimized
- Suitable for both newcomers to WordPress and more advanced users
- Allows drag and drop social buttons
- Generous amount of additional functionality
- Ease of use and configuration
- Quite complete free version
- Affordable paid version
- Less varied in the starter site library than other popular themes
Blocksy Main Features
Blocksy is packed with smart features and many powerful options. Next, in this Blocksy review we will see the main features of this incredible theme:
- One-Click Importer: With a single click you can import widgets, posts, pages, theme options and much more.
- Lightning Fast
- Gutenberg Ready: Compatible with Gutenberg editor and blocks.
- eCommerce Ready: Easily create and customize your store in no time.
- Translation Ready: It does not contain encoded strings and is prepared to be translated into any language.
- Clean Code: Every line of code is open to changes, new features, and carefully written
- Color Scheme Editor: It has a wide color palette to make your website unique.
- Global Typography: From a single place you can configure and manage all the typography options.
- Social Friendly: Your visitors will be able to access the social platform you select.
- Custom Widgets: It offers a large variety of built-in widgets for your visitors to interact with.
- Live Search: Allows you to see changes in real time without slowing down your workflow.
- WooCommerce Extra: Add this additional functionality to increase your conversions.
- Page Hero Section: Modern hero section / page title with parallax effects and much more.
- Related Post: Show more recommended content to reduce the bounce rate.
- Sticky Sidebars: While scrolling and displaying important information, slide the sidebar.
- Pagination Types: Different types and options of pagination, numbers, standard and much more.
- Widget Areas: Where you can add your desired widget in the multiple widget areas.
- Child Theme: Allows you to edit files without breaking anything in the main theme.
- Image Aspect Ratio: You can display post thumbnails in portrait, landscape, or square format.
- Responsive & Retina Ready: It looks great on all screen sizes and types as its design is highly responsive.
Customization Options in Blocksy Template
In the Blocksy theme in the free version you have access to different customization options from the “Appearance” screen.
This theme allows you to choose the font used in headers, change the global theme colors, and the color of the buttons and body text as shown on the image below on this Blocksy review.
In the header of your website you can configure the arrangement of elements by dragging and dropping from the sidebar to the central area. You can also define how that header will be on mobiles and tablets.
This theme offers 5 preset designs for the blog, you can also define:
- Define the number of posts and columns that you want to be displayed.
- If you want it to have no sidebar or yes, and if it should be on the left or right.
- If you want the title of the blog to appear or if you prefer not to show it.
- How the type of pagination should be and on which devices it should appear, as well as its colors.
- You can activate an animation so that the cards appear by scrolling slightly upwards or if you prefer, you can deactivate it.
- Complete information of each post
- Offers from 1 to 4 designs: Wide width, narrow, with right side column and with left side column.
- Whether the titles of the pages appear or not
- If you want to enable a featured image
- If you want to enable content on social networks or not
- Enable comments on the pages or not
- Fields, location of the form, colors, structure and maximum width
The theme in this option allows us to choose the title tag of each widget that you later insert inside, 4 sidebar layouts, spacing, width, visibility on different devices and whether the bar should be fixed or not. In addition, it defines the font of the title of the widgets, of its content and the colors of the bar.
It offers a total of 6 widget areas, you can also define menu or icons for social networks, as well as Copyright.
The predefined templates or Starter Sites
The free version of this theme allows us to reuse an already used design. For this, we have to install the “Blocksy Companion” extension that we will find at the bottom left in “Appearance. New tabs will open like the Starter Sites, where you can choose the design that you like the most, as well as the layout designer that you are going to use such as Elementor, Gutenberg or Brizy.
How to install the Blocksy theme
The steps to follow to install the Blocksy theme is quite simple, here in this Blocksy review we will show you how to correctly install the complete software package:
- You have to go to the “Appearance” section and then in your WordPress dashboard click on “Themes”
- At the top you have to click on the “Add new” button
- In the new panel search for “Blocksy”
- Select “Install” and then “Activate”
- Once you have finished downloading click the “Install” button, then click “Activate”
If you intend to modify the core files in the Blocksy theme, it is important that you install and activate the Child theme. It will only affect the child theme when we make a big change.
- In our WordPress Dashboard we go to “Appearance” and then click on “Themes”
- Once you have downloaded the blocksy-child.zip file, click on “Add new” and then click on “Upload Theme to upload the file.
- We have to click on “Install now” and then on “Activate the theme” once the file has been uploaded.
You will be prompted for an invitation to also install the Blocksy Companion plugin once you have installed and activated the Blocks theme.
The Blocksy theme Companion plugin provides access to demo starter sites, adds new features, extensions and much more. We notice in this Blocksy review that it makes migrating to the Blocksy Pro variant very easy, which is why installing this plugin is highly recommended.
The Blocksy theme has a premium version that includes advanced features such as:
Enhanced Header Builder
It allows you to create unlimited advanced headers and display them on individual pages of your website.
Header Pro Elements
Unlimited header possibilities where you can explore new elements for your website.
Content Blocks (Hooks)
You can create content guided by intuitive visual cues with your favorite design tools.
- Create custom 404 page
- Set expiration time
- User role conditions
- Page or post conditions
- Display in any location
- Set block position
- Create custom footer
- Create custom header
- Insert content blocks (hooks)
- Add icons to your menu items
- Create mega menus
- Set design styles for menu items
Within each Blocksy font option you can upload any number of custom fonts. It offers advanced features like variable fonts and included variable customizations.
- Customize variations for every font
- Upload any amount of WOFF fonts
- Use variable fonts for flexible weights
Google Local Fonts
From your own server you can download Google fonts in compliance with the GDPR regulations.
- Stay compliant with GDPR rules
- Don’t depend on Google servers
- Use only Google fonts you need
Within Blocksy you will be able to embed your Adobe Fonts kit by pasting your kit ID.
- Ease of access in customizer
- Integrated with page builders
- Load Adobe Typekit kits
By assigning a different sidebar, you make each page of your website unique.
- Display conditionaly
- Create multiple sidebars
- Hide original branding panels
- Replace original branding
Custom Code Snippets
- Add header & footer scripts (page/post level)
- Add globaly header & footer scripts
Amazing features to maximize your conversion rates with your WooCommerce store.
- Off-Canvas filters
- Floating cart
- Quick view
- Off-Canvas cart
- Gallery slider
- New single product layouts
- Search by SKU
- Products Wishlist
Enhanced Footer Builder
You can create unlimited advanced footers to display on your individual page of your website.
- Footer Pro elements
- Display conditionaly
- Create multiple footers
Blocksy WordPress Theme Tutorial
Blocksy is an amazing theme that has been designed for both beginners and professionals, it is easy to use and easy to create a successful website. Here in this Blocksy review is a Blocksy WordPress tutorial so you can see how everything works step by step.
Is Blocksy a good theme?
Blocksy is an excellent theme that works perfectly with most popular page builders in WordPress and it is outstanding to build WooCommerce stores.
Is Blocksy better than Astra?
Blocksy is very similar to WP Astra but, Blocksy has the edge for building online stores.
Is Blocksy a page builder?
No, Blocksy is a theme although it has been design to work with the best page builders on WordPress such as Beaver Builder, WP Bakery, Brizy and Gutenberg.
Is Blocksy SEO friendly?
Yes, Blocksy has been developed with best SEO practices in mind.
Is Blocksy a free theme?
Blocksy offers a Lite version which is a free and you can download from the WordPress theme directory and a Pro version wich is paid.
Blocksy Support and Documentation
Blocksy offers a knowledge base and different tutorials so you won’t have any problems when using it. Likewise, you can send a ticket where the support will try to respond as soon as possible from Monday to Friday.
For more information on their customer service check the links below:
- Documentation: https://creativethemes.com/blocksy/docs
- Video Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/c/CreativeThemes/videos
- Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/blocksy.community
- About Us: https://creativethemes.com/blocksy/about/
- Changelog: https://creativethemes.com/blocksy/changelog/
- Child Theme: https://creativethemes.com/blocksy/docs/getting-started/child-theme/
- Support Center: https://creativethemes.com/blocksy/support/
Blocksy Pricing Plans
Blocksy has two types of pricing structure on its website, the first is annual with three packs: Personal, Professional and Agency and the second is lifetime.
They offer a 100% risk-free money-back guarantee. From the date of purchase, refunds will be issued within a 14-day period.
Blocksy Review: Conclusion
As we see on this Blocksy review this template is a WordPress theme that allows you to create any website, be it a blog, a store or a corporate site. Also, this theme was designed to work seamlessly with Gutenberg. The strengths of this theme are the header builders, landing sites, web store options, and footers.
In short, it is one of the best WordPress themes right now, it is super fast, light and very well developed, it also includes a lot of essential features even in the free version it offers. The care team is very helpful and friendly.
Click here to Buy the Blocksy theme Now
What do you think of Blocksy Theme? Have you used them for any of your website projects yet? Feel free to add a comment below.